Thursday, August 5, 2010

Where Do I Begin?

Pen to the paper, idea ready to flow, just about there
First line, main idea shows its face. Okay...
Yes, I think I got this...wait...ok. Stop. Go, I got it
The next line gotta match the last one...wait. Huh??
Go back, cross out. Lines through words, watching
Killing them to satisfy my need for perfection
The letters aren't even legible man, stop thinking and write
Yes, I'm back on track, the pen, the lab, oh no, it's gone
Read over what you have so far, how much has made it out
....What is this? Hmm, nope, this has to go...NOW.
And all this crap just sounds lame...nah cheesy is a better word
Why did you even start? You're no poet...Stop that.
Keep going. Where did you want to go? I'm not even sure
The ill writer's block. Not again...my voice....
It's gone and I don't know where it is...Fuck....
Maybe if...hold up....almost there, paper, pen, idea
....There you are. Let's try this again...It's gonna be a long day.

No comments: